Wisdom Teeth Extraction
Every year, millions of people have their wisdom teeth extracted due to pain or a potential threat to other teeth. Right from eruption, these teeth might create problems. Primarily, the troubles usually arise soon after eruption. Common issues related to wisdom tooth are:
- Erupting sideways
- Erupting partially and then stop moving
- Getting trapped below the gumline
- Gum line and facial swelling
- Excruciating pain
Signs that you need to go for wisdom tooth extraction
If you are experiencing unbearable mouth pain in the gum, it may be an indication that the wisdom teeth need to be extracted soon. In case there is any complication or the tooth is half erupted through the gum, it is important to go for extraction as food and bacteria might get trapped around the tooth prompting a plaque build-up, which may result in tooth decay, gum disease, pericoronitis, cellulitis, abscess, cysts and benign growths. Precautions needed after surgery:
- Don't lie flat; this may extend the bleeding. Rather aid up your head with pillows.
- Application of an icepack outside of your cheek for 15-20 minutes really yields good results.
- Eat soft food. Preferably, semi-liquid.
- Avoid a lot of physical activity which may increase bleeding.
- Don't rub the area with your tongue or touch it with your fingers.